Do not consume the following the day before and the day of procedure:
1. Blood thinner, Advil, Ibuprofen, Fish Oil, Vitamin E, Pain Killers, Caffeinated Beverages, Coffee, Tea, Energy Drinks, Boba, Alcohol, Sodas
2. Do not tan 2 weeks prior
3. Do not have any type of facials 2 weeks prior
After care is very important for producing a beautiful and lasting result.
• Keep the area clean by washing with freshly washed hands and a mild soap. Do not use a washcloth or sponge to remove soap. Simply splash with water. Do not use cleansing creams, acne cleansers or astringents. Use a mild, natural soap.
• Apply the aftercare ointment with a Q-tip. Use the ointment very sparingly. We prefer a “chapstick” amount vs. a “lipgloss” amount. Wipe off excess ointment with a clean Q-tip.
•Never touch the procedure area without washing your hands immediately before.
• Do not scrub, rub or pick at the epithelial crust that forms. Allow it to flake off by itself. If it is removed before it is ready the pigment underneath it can be pulled out.
• After the 7 days healing period, always use a sun block after the procedure area is healed to protect from sun fading. Maintaining proper skin care is suggested to help keep your brows as vibrant and fresh as possible. This means cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing the brow area is recommended.
• If you have any signs and symptoms of infections we advise for you to seek medical care. These include but are not limited to: redness, swelling, tenderness of the procedure site, red streak going from procedure site towards the heart, elevated body temperature, or purulent drainage from the procedure site.
• Swelling, itching, scabbing, light bruising and dry tightness. Ice packs are a nice relief for swelling and bruising. Aftercare balm is nice for scabbing and tightness.
• Too dark and slightly uneven appearance. After 3-7 days the darkness will fade and once swelling dissipates unevenness usually disappears. The follow-up touch up is highly recommended as any concerns can be addressed.
• Color change or color loss. As the procedure area heals the color will lighten and sometimes seem to disappear. This is normal. The procedure area has to be completely healed before we can address any concerns. This takes at least four weeks.
• Needing a touch up months or years later. A follow-up touch up is recommended 6-9 weeks after the initial appointment. Thereafter maintenance may be needed every 12-18 months to keep the shape symmetrical and the color refreshed.
Failure to follow after care instructions may result in infections, pigment loss or discoloration.